Get Your Ride On With The Dahon Vigor P9 Folding Bike
Yet another great product from the guys at Dahon, the Vigor 9 is a beautiful looking ride at a great price. Looks aside this ride is straight out of the box ready with no fine tuning required, you'll be away in no time making it particularly ideal for the first timer or for those of us who just can't be bothered fiddling with nuts, bolts and wrenches.
Another exciting feature of the Vigor 9 is how easy the fold is, possibly the easiest bike we've ridden to date and definitely one of the fastest folds, the sales material states a folding time of just over 5 seconds. We're pretty geeky when it comes to this area so we put it to the test and they weren't wrong! Check out the guy below and see it in action.
Cool Features Of The Vigor 9
Lucky you guys we've got another video showing the highlights of the Dahon Vigor 9 folding bike. better than reading though right? Quick summary though for the readers out there
- Internal cabling enhances the look giving it a clean line look. Think sexy with no btts hanging out.
- The hydroformed vigor frame means very low bump and shake making this folding bike suitable for all types of urban terrain. The 20″ wheels are super sturdy as well.
- The NEOS derailleur is quality! No gear change problems with jamming and clunky gear movements.
The Technical Low Down
|Fold Size:||13.39″ x 31.89″ x 25.98″ (34 x 81 x 66 cm)|
|Weight:||25.7 lbs (11.7 kg)|
|Tires:||20″ Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires|
|Frame:||Hydroformed Dalloy Aluminum frame designed with Lattice Hinge and V-Clamp Technology.|
|Hubs:||Front hub is 74mm compact alloy with 20 holes. Rear is a KT-G5ER BK 130mm x 140mm x28H 8/9|
|Saddle:||Dahon ergo-comfort saddle that is ideal for both smooth and bumpy rides.|
|Grips and brakes:||6061 Double Butted Aluminum Flat Bar, 580 mm wide with 9 Degree Ergo Sweep and Winzip smooth and powerful 110mm V-Brakes|
|Fork:||Responsive and lightweight dalloy, x/Integrated Crown, Aluminum|
|Handlepost:||Fusion technology, Forged Alloy Radius Telescope|
|Spokes:||14 grams of Stainless Steel|
|Rims:||20 inches light weighted Aluminum Double Wall|
|Shifters:||DAHON Neos Twist Shifter|
- 9 Speeds which makes the Dahon Vigor great for both flat and incline rides.
- Very quick fold and exceptionally easy to assemble out of the box. Get going straight away without fiddling with assembly.
- Comfort is king with this ride. Great for long rides both on road and off road
- Not a lot of negatives to speak of, maybe a tad heavier than other folding bicycles but nothing that will impact on usage.